Marihuana harvesting season is approaching and the OPP would like the assistance of the public in reporting suspicious activity. Usually outdoor marihuana is kept outdoors as long as possible to maximize the yield. The harvesting usually begins after the first frost of the year as most plants will not typically survive a second frost.
If you are out hiking in remote areas watch for the following telltale signs of outdoor marihuana grow operations:
- Hand tools – shovels/rakes. etc.
- Power tools – weed eaters/chainsaws. etc.
- Watering supplies – hose/pumps/generators. etc.
- Soil/peat moss
- Fertilizer/grow chemicals
- Plastic Barrels
- Camouflage netting
- GPS and radios
- Camp supplies – sleeping bag/stove/lantern/tent. etc.