- Vehicle drivers still are using their cellphones while driving
- Continue to exceed speed limit putting themselves and other citizens at risk.
- Distracted driving remains a leading cause of motor vehicle collisions resulting in serious bodily harm or death.
Motorists are reminded to:
- Use your cell phone in a hands free setting /or
- Pull over completely off the roadway and not in a live lane.
- Stop your vehicle and focus on making phone call with no distractions
- Waiting at a red light or while stopped in a line-up of traffic is not considered ‘off the roadway’ and you risk being charged for the offence.
If you see a distracted driver please call nearest OPP Communications Centre at 1-888-310-1122 on your hand free device or *677. Please do your part to stop this dangerous and reckless behaviour.